Organising Accessible Screenings
3rd February 2009, London
Do you want to ensure that your film screenings and events are welcoming for deaf and disabled audiences?
The Independent Cinema Office and Shape, the UK's leading disability arts organisation, have got together to develop an essential training course that will provide a wealth of practical information on making your cinema, arts centre, film festival or film society accessible.
The course is a must for programmers, audience development officers, marketing and communications staff, managers, administrators, events staff and fundraisers.
* The Disability Discrimination Act - what the law means for your organisation
* Customer care - Techniques that enable your front line staff to warmly and respectfully welcome deaf and disabled people
* Screening considerations - Assistive technologies and physical access in the auditorium
* Marketing - Practical guidance on producing accessible publicity materials
* Guest speakers - Real life case studies from QUAD cinema and the Oska Bright Film Festival (Winner of National Lottery Best Arts Project 2008)
Check ICO's website for details of how to participate: